Friday, June 27, 2014

T Minus 4 Days - Blog Test

Physical Stats (if these bore or bother you now, please skip as I'm sure I will get on to nastier subjects later in the ride (!!))
  • Mood upon waking:  A little concerned as a nasty migraine started yesterday.  It is easier to deal with the pain than the loss of vision. But.......
  • Mood when I got done:   Elated.  When I woke up I felt a bit weak and thought I might actually take today off and work hard on Saturday but pushed ahead.  I really felt pretty strong about a third of the way into the 40 mile ride, even into the wind.  Finished (really) strong (thanks, in part, to the wind at my back)
  • Weight:  Hanging in there at 217 lbs.  
  • Notables:  In addition to the migraine, I burst a blood vessel in my left eye.  Not too bad (so the pharmacist says).  It should all get back to normal.  
  • Height, hair and eye color:  Yup, still the same from the last time. 

Training
Not sure if this will be my last day of training.  I'm thinking I want to end this portion on a high note and today was good.  Luca (our 14 year-old son) said he would like to go golfing so if we walk the course, I could at least count it as exercise.  The only issue is:  Do I really want to be that aggravated (the golf thing)??  As I say during ski season, "it's a game-time call". 

Day in General
Good day overall.  As I said, I felt good.  Got some work done in the morning, had lunch with some friends, didn't get poisoned by MSG (owner was very forthright: "um, what Asian restaurant does not use MSG????"), and caught up with my mother in prep for the trip.  She got me some nice going away presents but the half a baggy of laundry detergent threw me a bit.  Thought she might have a side-job with the folks from Breaking Bad. 

Photo
I'm throwing in a photo because words alone can be soooo boring (unless we are dealing with Gabriel Garcia Marquez).  But the bad news:  At this point, I'm only working the photos on my iPhone and I'm in short supply.  There is, however, a little story behind this one.  Below is a photo of the crawl-space below the house.  Some of you might remember I was complaining about the Goodwill finding it's way down there courtesy of my oldest son.  Well, it's all fixed now as that I created a new storage area and fixed a couple ducts in the same area that must have been detached from before we owned the house because........when I walked in the house the other day, the AC was blasting like I was at the mall.  I mean it was night and day.  And, to think I was ready to replace the AC unit.  Like I said, a little story.  They will get better.....I say but don't promise;-) 



Photos - Continued
Ok, that last one was really lame so I've run downstairs to where the external drives are to grab one of my 67,000 photos (no, I really have 67k photos.  I know because I tried to load them onto my little 13"Macbook Pro and about killed it).  Sooo.....what do I have to share????

Cold bath on after mountain bike ride 

Oldest daughter, Bianca, in front Mexico City Ballet (in Mexico City)

Bianca in Montauk (no Sherpa in her)


The pony I promised the youngest daughter (Mia)



A quick story why Mia did not want to ski until age eight when her siblings started at two and three.

"Wow, look at al this snow.  Gee, wouldn't the shed make a great toboggan run??"

"Hmmm, but is it safe??  We need a test pilot!!" (I have to say, Mia does not look the least bit apprehensive.  She is going to be the next John Glenn (look it up kids))

"We have done the calculations and I think we should put her right about here.  Yes, here will do nicely." (Notice the accomplice (oldest daughter, Bianca))

Now, you might be asking what father would take the time to get this shot.  I mean, really??? In my defense, I was entrusted with the photography.  Got to get the shot!!.  Ah, stop it..........

..............she survived!!!

"You guys are a**holes!!!!!"

And, speaking of a**holes (um, outhouse humor, not reference to the occupants!) , check out this great wedding montage fodder!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment