Monday, June 30, 2014

T Minus 1 Day - Gear Re-Check

Well, we are less than 24 hours away from launch time.  I think I have the bike all loaded up.  Today mostly consists of catching up with things before I go out of town and spending time with my wife and family before I leave.  I do, however, have a couple of things to resolve blog-wise before leaving and that is the purpose of today's post.


Let's see if we can......
.......insert a movie...........

Mia and Stella


Next item of business......
.......links.  This link is of from a training ride with Johnny Meyer at Henry Hagg Lake.  It shows up as Trail Running because I don't have the bike pod for the GPS.

Under the Category of You Ain't Going to Believe This!......
........I actually pulled stuff out of the panniers.  If you are following closely, some of the items were shown during the gear check as "spares".  Although planned, I have to admit that the action was precipitated by my son's comment: "OMG, how much does that thing weigh and did you you train with that much weight???"

What came out:
          • Long johns (went back in this morning)
          • Edward Abbey's, The Monkey Wrench Gang (still have Desert Solitaire)
          • Bag that held food (using the pannier for that)
          • Sun screen
          • Extra tube of chamois butter (OUCH!)
          • Cable
          • Lighter
          • Harmonica (don't want to get thrown out of any campgrounds)
          • A couple of pouches of freeze-dried food (I saved a couple)
          • Extra extra water bottle (I have a collapsable I can use)
          • Extra strap


 A Photo of My Dashboard
Left to Right:
          • Rear view mirror
          • Speedometer (at 1,166 miles to start (lost a couple hundred miles during training in a battery changing mishap))
          • Garmin Oregon 600 GPS
          • GoPro Hero 3+ on right handle bar

No comments:

Post a Comment