Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 12 - Gualala to Bodega Beach - Oh, Merciful God........

.......you just might exist.  Little wind to start today's ride and then a bit of a push from the North Wind through the last portion.  Bonnie, Adria, Todd and I left the not-so-enchanted forest where the campground was filled with mosquitos to the point that another group of bikers left as soon as they woke without eating breakfast.

Near 50 miles today of mostly rolling hills and then some pretty big ones.  I stayed with the team until the Bodega Dunes Campground where I went to town looking for wifi and a motel.  Found wifi but no motel.  Not in my budget. Triathalon in town. I'm gonna move on to another campground south of Bodega Beach.

While it is was a good ride, I'm good and tired.  Yesterday's slog (average 8.6 mph) combined with today's big hills have worn me out.  Just in time for a day off in San Fran before I continue the journey south.  I'm less than two days out from SF.

A link to today's ride:  http://www.movescount.com/moves/move35715615

Photos
Bonnie leading the way

Adria moving through some beautiful countryside

Bonnie again

Bonnie and Todd

Great views all day

Very rustic

More nice scenery

And cows


The hills.  I'm at the top of the largest one looking back.  We went from sea level to 550 in a shot.  

Blue skies to the East

The way back down but not the end of the hills.  Check out the switchbacks.  

Looking back a the switch backs

More coastal views

We stopped for lunch in Jenner, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment