Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Day 26 – Post Bike Trip, CA - Hanging with the Rooneys

Day 26 – Post Bike Trip, CA - Hanging with the Rooneys
First the good news:  No intervention needed.  I did not get back on the bike the morning after I rode into San Diego.  Almost but it did not happen.  What I did do, however, was visit with my good friends, the Rooneys, in Carlsbad.  It was great to see them and to see how much their kids, Keegan and Morgan had grown.  They are very close in age to two of our children, Mia (8) and Luca (14).  They are getting big and looking good.  

Sean, Adelina, and Keegan picked me up at my sister's house.  It did not take too long before my buddy, Sean, pointed out that Carlsbad is not technically San Diego.  I replied that it was for very special buddies like him that I had made the ride into SD the day before ;-))

In addition to catching up, on the ride to breakfast at Mas Fina Cantina in Carlsbad Village, I learned a couple new words, one of them being "hoopty" (pc of crap car) and delightful insights on child rearing: Moms are for winning battles and dads are for winning the war ;-) 

Later in the day we attended a three year old's birthday at an organic farm in Escondido.  Now, if that does not sound like too much fun, you might consider the venue; An outpost for the Stone Brewery.  That kid sure knows how to pick 'em!  We had fun hanging with the goats, trying to pull the feathers off of pheasants (perhaps the Enjoyby IPA might have had something to do with that), eating the produce off the vine, and chasing lizards.  All in all, it was a great party! 

After the party, we visited a bit more and then Sean sent me home with some awesome smoked fish that he, his son, and his father had caught and smoked.  Very nice visit.  We are hoping to see them this fall in PDX.  

Photos

The rider, Adelina, and Keegan

Keegan and Sean

Keegan and an oversized duplicate of our dog, Stella (can't quite remember his name)

Their Bearded Lizard (didn't catch his name either)

This pheasant kept all his feathers (barely)

Keegan and Sean in front of the hops

Nice cactus plant

The whole Rooney Family, including Morgan

And the Rooney clan out in the hot sun of Escondido

A little later on a little devil showed up

2 comments:

  1. This comment thing is driving me nuts, keeps deleting my post when I click to publish. Grrr!
    Nice re-cap of our day, again GREAT time seeing you (especially not in Cleveland)!
    A couple answers...Over sized Stella dog = Mario / Dragon = Pepe.
    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, of course; Mario and Pepe ;-) Hope to see you again soon, buddy!

    ReplyDelete